UPDATE: With the news of Daredevil’s cancellation, the campaign for tomorrow will shift focus to #ThankYouDaredevil. This will be our way of expressing support for the cast and crew. Join in if you want to. Need to vent? This post, or my most recent one, are good places to do that.
Word is starting to spread of the fan initiative underway to show Netflix just how much we’ve been enjoying Daredevil, and that we would very much like to see a season four. Though I’m hopeful for a season four, if Netflix is still on the fence about this, let’s knock them off that fence and make sure they land squarely on the renewal button!
Further down, you’ll find the official statement for this campaign, containing instructions and helpful tips for how to participate. The objective is to get #RenewDaredevil to trend, with particular focus on a specific time period when we concentrate our efforts, the first such “push” happening this Friday. Also, Check the official campaign site (screen shot below) for additional information and gorgeous, ready-made graphics you can use.
Dear Daredevil fans,
More than a month has passed since Daredevil Season 3’s successful premiere to much fan and critical acclaim, but with the recent cancellations of Luke Cage and Iron Fist, we know an automatic renewal for Daredevil is not guaranteed.
Introducing the #RenewDaredevil fan campaign. Our goal is to @Netflix about what we liked about #Daredevil and how much we want Netflix to #RenewDaredevil – using this hashtag. If enough of us post positive comments during 12-2pm ET (you can convert that to your own time zone here) every Friday starting with November 30, we can get #RenewDaredevil trending!
Here are some tips for participating successfully:
- No more than 2 hashtags (#RenewDaredevil + #Daredevil or #DaredevilSeason4)
- Tweets should be short and to the point
- No foul language
- Graphics increase engagement so use your fave pic(s), gifs or vids of DDS3
- Twitter watches for engagement so remember: CLICK the gifs/vids/pics, likes AND rt all help the #RenewDaredevil team effort
- Reply to DD cast, crew, big fans – they may RT and spread the word but NO HARASSMENT please
- Remain a positive voice for the effort, no bullying/threatening others into RTs, no arguing with people who respond negatively to your posts
- Let’s show Netflix the tremendous demand there is for more Daredevil seasons!
Thank you from the fans at #RenewDaredevil (renewdaredevil.com)
I have often been astounded by how generally awesome the Daredevil fan community is, but I’m still blown away by how much has been put together in short order. Efforts are underway to spread this information to all online channels in which Daredevil fans move in significant numbers.
We all know that there’s been an outpouring of support for this show already, but there is something to be said for creating some kind of structured campaign around this, and I hope you all join me in participating!
If you have answers and suggestions, please put them in the comments. If there are suggestions or questions I don’t know the answer to, I’ll feed them back to the official Renew Daredevil site admin.